Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Your Place Or Mine. Reading Analysis

I thoroughly enjoyed this reading because children’s books are a passion of mine. My mother and I have been collecting them since I was a child, and though we haven’t added as many to the collection lately, very few artists can take my breath away like a good children’s book illustrator and author. I think children’s books are a great way to develop student’s knowledge of their own heritage, and the culture of others around them. I believe it is important to remind/inform students that their way isn’t necessarily the right way. Growing up in a rural town in upstate New York where nearly every person in my school was of the same hue I wish there had been more multicultural education weaved into the curriculum. Everyone is different in innumerable ways, and what better way to express than than through place, critical pedagogy, and art.

No comments:

Post a Comment